Savor the smoky and tangy flavors of a BBQ Hen Salad with tender grilled hen, crisp lettuce, candy corn, creamy avocado, and juicy cherry tomatoes drizzled with a tangy barbecue ranch dressing.
The Finest BBQ Hen Salad Recipe
To me there isn’t a dish extra satisfying and scrumptious when the climate is heat than a hearty salad. It’s recent and wholesome, makes essentially the most of summer season produce, and it’s a fast and straightforward meal that doesn’t warmth up the kitchen. Now we have just a few favourite foremost dish salads that we rotate by way of (often throwing a brand new one in right here and there) however this BBQ Hen Salad is a bonafide favourite.
For starters, the smoky, grilled BBQ hen simply screams summer season. You may throw it on virtually something and it’ll style scrumptious, but it surely positively takes middle stage on this salad. Secondly, it’s loaded with scrumptious, nutrition-packed components. Final, however most definitely not least.. it’s straightforward and downright scrumptious. The BBQ ranch dressing is easy and so flavorful. Belief me, that is one salad that you’ll flip to many times.
Substances You’ll Have to Make BBQ Hen Salad:
- Romaine Lettuce– Hearty, crispy romaine lettuce is ideal for this salad.
- Cherry Tomatoes– We like to make use of cherry tomatoes, however you can too use diced roma tomatoes.
- Corn– Recent, frozen or canned. We used frozen corn.
- Black Beans– One can, rinsed and drained.
- Purple Onion– We love the colour and spicy chew of pink onion. Inexperienced onions or french fried onions are additionally scrumptious.
- Avocado– Creamy and so scrumptious.
- Monterey Jack Cheese– Gentle and creamy monterey jack cheese is yummy right here. Now we have additionally used pepper jack and cheddar.
- Ranch Dressing– We used our selfmade ranch dressing.
- BBQ Sauce– Be sure to use a model you’ve tried and cherished! We like Candy Child Ray’s.
- Hen Breasts– We used boneless, skinless hen breasts.
- Olive Oil– Any impartial flavored oil will work right here.
- Paprika– Provides a further smoky taste.
- Cool Water & Sea Salt– To make the brine.
- BBQ Sauce– Once more, simply. be sure to make use of a model you like, as this would be the prevalent taste.
Methods to Make BBQ Hen Salad:
- Grill the hen. We used our favourite BBQ Hen Breast recipe. You may as well use rotisserie hen tossed in BBQ sauce when you’re brief on time!
- Make the dressing. This may be the world’s easiest dressing. Merely whisk collectively BBQ sauce and ranch dressing. We virtually all the time have our selfmade ranch dressing available, so that’s what we used right here. Add a pair tablespoons of bbq sauce and whisk to mix. Style and add extra if desired.
- Prep the opposite components. Slice the avocado and tomatoes, cube the pink onion, wash and tear the lettuce, shred the cheese, and drain the black beans.
- Construct your salad. Prepare the entire salad components in a big serving bowl. Slice the BBQ hen, add to the salad. Drizzle with the dressing and serve instantly.
Ideas & Ideas:
BBQ Hen Salad Wrap
This salad makes an extremely scrumptious (and moveable!) wrap! Utilizing giant tortillas, add a little bit lettuce, sliced hen, and no matter topping components you want. Drizzle with dressing and wrap up tightly.
BBQ Hen Salad Meal Prep
When going to all of the work to make a meal, it’s such an incredible concept to prep further components for future meals all through the week. It solely takes just a few further minutes, however saves a number of time afterward. Retailer the components individually in order that they keep recent till you’re able to serve. All you’ll need to do is assemble!
- Substitute the pink onion with french fried onions.
- Prime with crushed tortilla chips.
- Substitute the sliced avocado with a scoop of guacamole.
- Throw corn on the cob onto the grill if you are cooking the hen. Reduce the kernels off the cob and add them to the salad for one more scrumptious layer of smoky taste.
- Add spinach to your greens.
What ought to I serve with BBQ Hen Salad?
This hearty salad makes an incredible meal all by itself, however I typically serve it with one in all these:
On the lookout for Extra Scrumptious Salad Recipes?
BBQ Hen Salad
Savor the smoky and tangy flavors of a BBQ Hen Salad with tender grilled hen, crisp lettuce, candy corn, creamy avocado, juicy cherry tomatoes drizzled with a tangy barbecue ranch dressing.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless hen breasts 2 giant breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups cool water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons high quality sea salt
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 1 cup candy corn kernels drained
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup pink onion diced
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- tortilla chips for serving
- 1/4 cup selfmade ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
For the Hen
Brine hen breasts. This helps the hen take up moisture in order that they do not dry out on the grill. The hen will not get salty as a result of the brine time is not very lengthy, however the taste and moisture stage can be wonderful!
In a big mixing bowl, whisk collectively 4 cups of cool water with sea salt till the salt is dissolved. Add your hen breasts to the water, cowl and refrigerate for half-hour.
Whereas the hen is brining, warmth your grill to medium warmth. Brush the grates with a little bit olive oil earlier than putting the hen on it.Take away the hen from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Coat the hen with olive oil and season with paprika on each side.
Place hen on the new grill, and baste the highest aspect with BBQ sauce. Let it prepare dinner undisturbed for 5-6 minutes. Flip the hen over and transfer it to a cooler aspect of the grill. Baste the opposite aspect with BBQ sauce. Cowl the grill and allow them to them end cooking till the interior temperature reaches 165℉. Take away from the grill and brush with a remaining coat of BBQ sauce. Cowl and let relaxation for 5-10 minutes earlier than slicing.
For the Salad
In a big serving bowl, mix chopped romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, corn, black beans, pink onion, and shredded cheese. Toss to mix. Layer with BBQ hen slices.
For the Dressing
In a small bowl, whisk collectively ranch and BBQ sauce. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss to coat, or serve the dressing on the aspect. Serve with tortilla chips and luxuriate in!
Energy: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 847mg | Potassium: 656mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4382IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover a number of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your youngsters to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.
Study Extra about Natalie