One in all my absolute FAVORITE wholesome salads to make in the course of the summer time is that this strawberry spinach salad. It was one of many first salads that my husband Tony ate with out ranch dressing and really LOVED!
I created this recipe a couple of years again and are available again to it each single summer time. It’s completely candy with hits of creaminess and crunch that make it further particular. Toss it with a straightforward do-it-yourself balsamic French dressing (see beneath for a enjoyable berry choice!) and serve it up as the proper facet at your subsequent BBQ.
Every time we grill up burgers or hen sausages, I all the time ensure to have these strawberry spinach salad elements available so I can whip up our very favourite.
FREE Summer time Salad E-book
Enroll beneath to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very greatest summer time salad recipes, plus wonderful salad-making ideas and hacks that you just’ll come again to time and time once more!
Substances on this strawberry spinach salad
This greatest ever strawberry spinach salad is filled with contemporary elements to maintain it brilliant, flavorful, wholesome and enjoyable to eat. You’ll want:
- Spinach: there’s one thing about strawberries and spinach collectively on this salad that simply is smart. Be happy to do half arugula and half spinach for just a little extra zing when you’d like!
- Recent strawberries: seize a case of tremendous juicy, ripe strawberries so as to add pure sweetness to this salad.
- Avocado: you’ll love the creaminess that avocado provides to each chunk. I’d advocate selecting an avocado that isn’t too ripe in order that it’s simpler to chop and add to your salad. It ought to have simply the tiniest little bit of squeeze.
- Feta: the creamy, salty taste feta provides to the salad is out of this world. You too can use goat cheese for just a little extra tang, and even gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles.
- Purple onion: for just a little zing to go together with the creamy feta and candy strawberries. Should you’re delicate to the onion taste, merely soak the slices in water beforehand or omit out of your salad.
- Roasted pistachios: for the proper, nutty crunch. Or simply use extra almonds!
- Toasted sliced almonds: the feel of sliced almonds pairs completely effectively along with the pistachios.
- Selfmade strawberry balsamic French dressing: a brilliant simple dressing made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, dijon mustard, strawberry jam, salt & pepper (or be at liberty to attempt my yummy tangy and candy raspberry balsamic French dressing!).
Lastly, my desire is to make use of natural spinach and natural strawberries as a result of I feel they pack extra taste and vitamins, however the alternative is all the time yours.
In search of a protein enhance?
This strawberry salad recipe is scrumptious by itself or together with your favourite proteins. Right here’s what I counsel:
- 1 cup of chickpeas or cooked quinoa to maintain it vegetarian
- Grilled hen (use the strawberry balsamic French dressing as a marinade!)
- Grilled salmon
Methods to toast almonds
You possibly can simply toast your individual almonds proper at house, and there are two methods to do it: on the stovetop or within the oven!
- Stovetop technique: Add sliced almonds to a pan and place over medium warmth, stirring sometimes for 2-5 minutes till almonds are barely golden brown. Take away from warmth and permit to chill earlier than including them to the salad.
- Oven technique: Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Place sliced almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for six to eight minutes till aromatic and golden brown, stirring as soon as midway by baking. Watch rigorously in order that nuts don’t burn!
Suggestions for making the perfect strawberry spinach salad
- Use agency avocados: firmer avocados are greatest on this salad as a result of they’ll hold their form. Take a look at precisely reduce an avocado safely right here!
- Combine and match nuts: the roasted pistachios and toasted almonds deliver two completely different distinct nutty flavors and crunch to this spinach salad, which I respect, however when you desire you possibly can all the time sub toasted walnuts, pecans and even candied pecans! The choices are infinite.
- Use a unique fruit: if strawberries aren’t obtainable, attempt blueberries, peaches, raspberries or blackberries. They’ll all be scrumptious.
- Make your individual DIY fruity balsamic French dressing: I’m in love with this dressing as a result of you should utilize any fruit jam you want to actually make it your individual. Attempt raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or one thing else for a enjoyable twist!
What to pair this strawberry salad with
The choices are really infinite when pairing this wonderful strawberry salad. It’s the proper facet for events, potlucks or easy summer time dinners. I like to recommend:
It’s additionally excellent with cooked quinoa, barley, farro or couscous blended in.
Make it forward of time
Be happy to organize the entire elements for the strawberry spinach salad forward of time, however save the dressing till you’re able to take pleasure in. Spinach can have a tendency to take in numerous moisture, so it’s greatest to benefit from the dressed salad the day-of or sooner or later later.
The avocado ought to keep contemporary for a few days with assist from the acidity from the balsamic. You too can add a squeeze of lemon juice when you plan on storing the strawberry spinach salad earlier than dressing and serving it.
Methods to retailer this strawberry spinach salad
Retailer this strawberry spinach salad in an airtight container within the fridge, with out the dressing, for as much as 4-5 days. The dressing will keep good in a container within the fridge for as much as one week as effectively.
Extra scrumptious salads to attempt
Get all of our wonderful salad recipes right here!
Should you make this summer time strawberry spinach salad recipe, make sure you tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. We’d additionally love when you would go away a remark beneath and price the recipe. We respect you! xo.
Summer time Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado
Attractive summer time strawberry spinach salad topped with avocado, feta, purple onion, toasted almonds, pistachios and drizzled with a flavorful strawberry balsamic French dressing. The perfect ever strawberry salad recipe that is candy, tangy, crunchy, creamy and the proper lunch or simple facet dish!
- For the salad:
- 1 bundle (5 ounces) natural spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved (about 2 cups halved strawberries)
- 1 giant avocado, sliced
- ½ small purple onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- ⅓ cup uncooked sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chopped shelled roasted pistachios
- For the balsamic strawberry French dressing:
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon strawberry jam (or jam of alternative)
- Freshly floor salt and pepper, to style
In a mason jar or small bowl, add the entire dressing elements. Shake or combine effectively to mix. Style and add further salt/pepper, if obligatory.
Toast the almonds on the stovetop: add the almonds to a pan and place over medium warmth, stirring sometimes for 2-5 minutes till almonds are barely golden brown. Take away from warmth and permit to chill.
Add spinach to a big bowl, layer on the strawberries, avocado slices, purple onion, feta, toasted almonds, and chopped pistachios. Be happy so as to add dressing now or set it out for particular person servings. Prime salad bowls with further toasted almonds and drizzle every bowl with 1/4 of the dressing. Serves 4.
Use a unique fruit: if strawberries aren’t obtainable, attempt blueberries, peaches, raspberries or blackberries. They’re going to all be scrumptious.
Make your individual DIY fruity balsamic French dressing: I am in love with this dressing as a result of you should utilize any fruit jam you want to actually make it your individual. Attempt raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or one thing else for a enjoyable twist.
Serving: 1serving (1/4 of recipe)Energy: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 17.2gProtein: 8.5gFats: 28.7gSaturated Fats: 6gFiber: 6.9gSugar: 5.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on Could twenty third, 2019, republished on Could twenty third, 2021, and republished on June twenty first, 2023.