It’s all the time baking season right here at AK, particularly whenever you want an epic deal with to impress family and friends at your subsequent BBQ or get together.
In fact, I additionally wish to be conscious of delivering you more healthy grain free/gluten free/dairy free recipes that can match into practically anybody’s weight loss plan trigger I’m a pleasant blogger like that (after which you’ll be able to share the love!)
These wholesome millionaire bars simply so occur to be paleo-friendly, vegan and gluten free, however nobody will have the ability to inform. They’re layered with a beautiful shortbread cookie base, dreamy tahini caramel center, and naturally, a chocolate topping you’ll do backflips for.
What are “millionaire bars?”
Millionaire bars AKA “millionaire’s shortbread,” or “caramel squares” are principally bars made with a shortbread biscuit base, caramel center, and chocolate topping. I created my very own tackle the well-known dessert by making it gluten free, vegan pleasant, and crammed with a tahini-based caramel. SO GOOD.
Components in these wholesome millionaire bars
These straightforward, vegan and gluten free millionaire bars have 3 unbelievable layers: a shortbread base, caramel filling, and a luscious chocolate topping. They’re made with healthful substances you’re going to like:
- The shortbread base: we’re retaining the bottom gluten and grain free by utilizing almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Really easy!
- The tahini caramel filling: I feel I’d prefer to dwell on this caramel thanks very a lot. You’ll want tahini, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt to make the caramel. Here’s my favourite model of tahini to make use of — use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ to get 10% off!
- The chocolate topping: I like to make use of Enjoy Life chocolate chips to maintain the bars vegan and dairy free, however be at liberty to make use of any chocolate you’d like.
Can I exploit a distinct flour?
I extremely suggest sticking with the almond flour for greatest outcomes as it’s how I examined the bars. You could possibly attempt utilizing gluten free oat flour rather than the almond flour, though you could want so as to add a bit extra melted coconut oil in order that it feels moist.
Can I swap the tahini?
I favor utilizing tahini for the appropriate style, however you could possibly additionally use a pure, drippy nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter.
Tahini caramel millionaire bars in 4 steps
- Bake the crust. Begin by mixing all the shortbread crust substances collectively till they kind a thick crumb texture. Press the crust evenly into your 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper and bake it for 10 minutes.
- Add the caramel. Combine your tahini caramel substances in a saucepan over medium-low warmth till it’s good and easy. Pour it over the marginally cooled shortbread crust and place the pan within the fridge for at the very least Half-hour till the caramel has hardened.
- Add the chocolate. Soften your chocolate chips with a bit coconut oil within the microwave or in a saucepan and pour the melted chocolate over the solidified caramel layer.
- Cool, reduce & serve. Place the bars within the fridge for an hour till the chocolate is totally hardened, then take away the bars from the pan, sprinkle with sea salt, slice and luxuriate in!
Don’t neglect these important suggestions
- Use the appropriate pan. Make sure you use an 8×8 inch pan to be able to get the appropriate form and consistency. Even a bit bigger, like a 9×9 inch pan, will make the bars too flat.
- Pack your almond flour. You’ll wish to use packed almond flour (and ensure it’s blanched, nice almond flour) similar to you’d with brown sugar.
- Have persistence. Make sure you let the caramel and chocolate layers chill utterly in order that the bars maintain collectively effectively. I do know it’s tempting, however have persistence!
Easy methods to retailer & freeze these bars
- To retailer: these vegan millionaire bars must be stored lined within the fridge till you’re able to serve them. They may keep good in your fridge for about 1 week.
- To freeze: be at liberty to maintain them in a freezer-safe container in your freezer for as much as 1 month. In case you do maintain them in your freezer, be sure you go away them out on the counter for a couple of minutes earlier than serving in order that they soften up a bit.
Extra vegan desserts you’ll love
I hope you get an opportunity to attempt these caramel millionaire bars out ASAP. I do know you’re going to like them! Make sure you charge the recipe and go away a remark beneath in case you attempt them — and don’t neglect to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram! xo.
Salted Tahini Caramel Millionaire Bars (vegan and paleo)
Simple to make salted caramel millionaire bars with a shortbread cookie base, salted tahini caramel filling and the proper dairy free chocolate topping. These wholesome millionaire bars are vegan, gluten free and paleo and make the very best dessert!
- For the shortbread base:
packed nice blanched almond flour (I exploit Bob’s Purple Mill)
melted coconut oil
pure maple syrup
- For the salted tahini caramel:
pure maple syrup
- For the chocolate layer:
chocolate chips (dairy free if desired)
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on high
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8×8 inch sq. pan with parchment paper. It’s essential to make use of an 8×8 inch as a 9×9 inch pan could also be too large.
In a medium bowl add the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Combine along with a fork till it types a pleasant thick crumb texture. Add to pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Permit crust to chill for 10 minutes earlier than including caramel.
Subsequent make the salted tahini caramel: Add the tahini, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt to a medium pot and place over medium-low warmth for roughly 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Pour over the marginally cooled crust.
Place in fridge for at the very least Half-hour-1 hour to harden the caramel. It should not take longer than this, however in case you are impatient, simply place in freezer for 15-20 minutes, this could velocity up the method.
After Half-hour, make the chocolate layer: Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave protected bowl and microwave on excessive in 30 second increments, stirring in between till chocolate is totally melted. In case you favor, you can too soften the chocolate and coconut oil in small saucepan over low warmth.
Pour over the caramel layer and tilt pan side-to-side to evenly distribute the melted chocolate. Place in fridge for an hour till chocolate is totally hardened and bars are cooled.
Take away bars from pan, sprinkle with fancy sea salt and reduce into 16 squares. Take pleasure in! Bars must be stored lined within the fridge till able to serve.
In case you do not wish to use almond flour, I counsel hazelnut flour. You could possibly additionally gluten free oat flour rather than the almond flour, though you could want so as to add a bit extra melted coconut oil in order that it feels moist.
Servings: 16 squares
Serving dimension: 1 bar
Saturated fats: 10g
This submit was initially revealed on October twenty fifth, 2018, and republished on Might twenty seventh, 2023.