Straightforward Yogurt-Marinated Hen made with grilled hen thighs (or hen breasts) made in a Greek yogurt marinade for essentially the most tender hen.
These grilled Yogurt-Marinated Hen thighs (or breasts) are so juicy and scrumptious because of this straightforward yogurt marinade. This fast yogurt marinade is flavored with a number of garlic, oregano, crimson vinegar and turmeric and takes solely minutes to whip up. I like marinating my hen with yogurt as a result of it makes the hen so extremely tender! I wish to make this a meal by serving it with a Greek salad utilizing tzatziki because the dressing, or make it a rice bowl with rice pilaf and a few cucumbers. You too can make this in a skillet or air fryer!
Regularly Requested Questions
What does marinating hen in yogurt do?
Greek yogurt marinades slowly tenderize the hen to make it juicy. Yogurt is a delicate and efficient option to tenderize meat. Whereas acidic hen marinades can toughen the meat and make it rubbery, yogurt slowly breaks down the proteins within the meat leading to essentially the most tender texture.
How lengthy can hen marinate in yogurt?
The longer you marinate the hen, the extra flavorful and tender it is going to develop into. I like to recommend a minimum of an hour, however you are able to do it for so long as eight hours. For the reason that marinade has vinegar, you don’t need to do it for too lengthy.
Do you wipe off yogurt marinade?
You desire a skinny, even layer of yogurt on the meat as a result of that’s the place all the flavour is. If there’s an excessive amount of, it is going to follow the grill and burn.
How lengthy does it take for yogurt to tenderize hen?
Yogurt marinade begins working in as little as an hour, however you’ll be able to proceed to marinate the meat for as much as eight hours.
Greek Yogurt Hen Marinade Elements
Right here is all the things you’ll have to make this wholesome Greek yogurt marinade for 2 kilos of boneless, skinless hen thighs or boneless skinless hen breasts:
- Greek Yogurt: I exploit 1% plain Greek yogurt, however full fats or nonfat will work too.
- Olive Oil and Crimson Wine Vinegar to skinny the yogurt so it evenly coats the hen and provides taste.
- Garlic: Finely chop 5 garlic cloves.
- Seasoning: Dried oregano, turmeric, salt, crimson pepper flakes (non-obligatory)
How one can Make Yogurt-Marinated Hen
- Whisk all of the marinade components in a big bowl.
- Add the hen and stir to coat. Cowl bowl with plastic wrap or switch to a big resealable plastic bag and marinate within the fridge for a minimum of an hour or as much as eight hours.
- Grill the Hen: Preheat an outside grill or grill pan to medium-low warmth. Oil the grill grates or grill pan, and sprinkle the hen with salt and crimson pepper. Grill the hen on either side for five to 7 minutes, till the juices run clear. Test that they’re cooked by means of with a meals thermometer. Should you don’t have a grill you’ll be able to cook dinner it in a forged iron skillet, air fryer or griddle.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
What to Serve with Yogurt-Marinated Hen
This Greek yogurt-marinated hen could be nice in a bowl, pita wrap, salad, or as a major with any of the edges beneath.
How one can Retailer Leftover Hen
This hen is nice for meal prep. Leftover grilled hen lasts as much as 4 days within the fridge. You possibly can eat it chilly or microwave it till heat. To freeze, retailer it in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as three months and thaw it within the fridge.
- Hen: Swap boneless hen thighs for boneless hen breasts. For bone-in hen, modify cook dinner time as wanted.
- Herbs: Sub dried thyme or rosemary for oregano or contemporary dill or mint for parsley.
- Spices: Mess around with the seasoning, add paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper and so forth.
- Vinegar: Should you don’t have crimson wine vinegar, white wine, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice will work.
- Cooking Methodology: You too can bake this yogurt-marinated hen within the oven at 400°F for about 20 minutes.
Extra Hen Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 2 boneless thighs
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the yogurt, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, turmeric, salt, and crimson pepper flakes.
Add the hen and stir to coat. Cowl and marinate within the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour or as much as 8 hours.
Preheat an outside grill or grill pan to medium-low warmth (a forged iron skillet works too). Oil the grates or grill pan and sprinkle hen with salt and pepper, to style.
Grill the hen about 5 to 7 minutes on either side till golden brown and cooked by means of within the heart of the thickest a part of the hen.
Garnish with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 boneless thighs, Energy: 314 kcal, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 46 g, Fats: 11.5 g, Saturated Fats: 3 g, Ldl cholesterol: 215 mg, Sodium: 584 mg, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugar: 1.5 g